Pressed for time? Newport Enterprises offers American Heart Association Skills Checks for individuals who desire to complete the first portion of the class online (part 1). We offer appointments on the days indicated. Please plan about 30-45 minutes to complete the skills check.
In order to be issued a BLS for Healthcare Providers Certification using this method, please note that all participants must complete the following:
1) Register here for the Online Course and the Skills Session. Your confirmation email will include all of the instructions you need, as well as your unique online class key. Please do not lose your class key, or allow another person to use it. Once the online class key is registered to an individual, it cannot be changed. Replacement class keys will need to be purchased at a cost of $40.
2) Complete the AHA Online BLS for Healthcare Providers Course, and print out the Certificate at the end of the course. IF YOU DO NOT BRING YOUR CERTIFICATE TO CLASS, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPLETE YOUR SKILLS CHECK, AND YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND. THIS WILL BE TREATED THE SAME AS A NO SHOW. In certain circumstances, you may be eligible to reschedule your session for a change fee of $25.
3) Please be on time for your appointment. Tardiness on your part would have an impact on appointments behind you, and that's not fair to others. If you arrive late for your appointment, you may be turned away. Additionally, all Skills Check appointments follow the same rescheduling and cancellation policies as our regular classes. Our policy may be found at http://www.newport-enterprises.com/policies and your registration herein indicated your understanding and agreement.
4) In most cases, you will receive your BLS Card upon completion of your Skills Check.
5) You are not required to have the class textbook, as all material is presented online.
6) There will be a brief period of practice and equipment familiarization (Part 2), before beginning the Skills Check (Part 3).
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
AHA Disclaimer: The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course material, do not represent income to the Association.